Når man vil gå nye veje, at skal der arbejdes længe og mange forsøg skal til før det lykkedes. Læs her på Serpent´s 4X touringcar 1/10.
Bilen kommer med flere nye ting, som ikke er set før på en touringcar 1/10.
Der er eks. ingen topdæk på bilen, ingen standard støddæmpere.
Her er nogle detaljer.
– Seperate roll and heave motion in the car to make set-up easier and more precise
– Roll and heave dampers are small, they need only small amounts of oil
– Dampers include machined pistons for best possible consistency
– All dampers are through rod piston systems so no membrane needed
– Good selection of heave and roll springs
– Anti-roll bar function integrated in roll damper/springs
– Easy and fast to change / replace the whole damper units
– Front and rear end are almost identical, so less spare parts needed
– Pivotball suspension for simplicity and free movement
– The Pivotballs are a lot smaller in diameter than in previous touringcars
– Easy diff and spool removal
– Extremely low center of gravity
– Reversed steering system for better Ackermann geometry
– No top deck needed (topdeck is available as optional for tough racing situations)
– Center stiffener made of 7075 T6 aluminium for rigidness and anti-tweak, connecting the front and rear end
– One piece motorholder which also connects to the center stiffener and the rear RRS system
– Re-Active rear steering RRS system is standard
– Ballraced mid-shaft holders allow easy maintenance and changing of spurgears
– Pullrod activated system with rockers to activate the dampers
– Same heave damper front and rear which is mounted below the diff/spool just above the chassis for lowest possible center of gravity
– New differential using new gears for even smoother functioning
– Battery mounting system allows reposition the battery more front or rear